These Terms of Service ("Terms") govern your use of the Iveem website ("Site") and Iveem services, including software, application programming interfaces (APIs), and services offered by Iveem and services offered through third parties integrating Iveem functionality ("Services"). Iveem, Inc. ("Iveem," "we," or "us") provides the Site and Services. "You" refers to you as a user of the Site or Services.
BY USING THE SITE OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Site or Services.
2. Additional Terms
Some of our Services have additional terms and conditions ("Additional Terms"). Where Additional Terms apply to a Service, we will make them available for you to read through your use of that Service. By using that Services, you agree to the Additional Terms.
3. Acceptable Use of the Site and Services
You are responsible for your use of the Site and Services, and for any use of the Site or Services made using your Iveem account. At Iveem, our goal is to create a positive, useful, and safe user experience. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to Iveem. When you use the Site or Services, you may not:
- violate any law or regulation;
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate other people's intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
- post or share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
- send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or commercial communications, such as spam;
- engage in spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software, including spyware, designed to collect data from the Site or Services;
- transmit any viruses or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems;
- stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or perform any other similar fraudulent activity, such as phishing;
- use any means to scrape or crawl any Web pages contained in the Site (although Iveem does allow operators of public search engines to use spiders to index materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, and Iveem reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases);
- use automated methods to use the Site or Services
- attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by Iveem or any of Iveem’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site or Services;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Services; or
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
4. User Content
You own your personal data, including your contacts and other information and content you post or share using the Site or Services ("User Content"). You give Iveem permission to reproduce and use your User Content as follows: you grant to Iveem and its Affiliates a license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, and otherwise use your User Content solely in connection with providing the Site and Services. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world. Finally, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license lasts for an indefinite period of time. In general, however, we will only need to use your User Content for as long as you choose to store it with us using the Site or Services.
You promise that:
- you own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give Iveem the rights described above;
- you have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and
- your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason. We may remove User Content from the Site or Services for any reason.
Other than User Content, we own or license all right, title, and interest in and to (a) the Site and Services, including all software, text, media, and other content available on the Site and Services ("Iveem Content"); and (b) Iveem's trademarks, logos, and brand elements ("Marks"). The Site and Services, Iveem Content, and Marks are all protected under U.S. and international laws.
6. Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Notice of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Please notify us in writing, by email or mail to our designated agent listed below, if you believe that a user of the Site or Services has infringed your intellectual property rights, pursuant to Section 512 of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
To be effective the notification must include:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Iveem to locate the material on the Site or Services;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- your physical or electronic signature.
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt and notice of a claim of infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from the Site and Services without liability.
Counter-Notice by Accused User
If we have taken down your materials due to suspicion of copyright infringement, you may dispute the alleged infringement by sending a written communication by email or mail to our designated agent below.
That written communication must include the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which such address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
Please send all notices under the above copyright infringement policies by email or mail to the following individual, designated as Iveem's agent for receipt of notifications of claimed infringement:
14 rue d'uzès
75002 Paris, France
Your account will be terminated if, in our discretion, you are determined to be a repeat infringer. Repeat infringers are users who have been the subject of more than one valid takedown request that has not been successfully rebutted.
9. Changes to the Site or Services
Iveem enhances and updates the Site and Services often. We may change or discontinue the Site or Services at any time, with or without notice to you.
We reserve the right not to provide the Site or Services to any person. We also reserve the right to terminate any user's right to access the Site or Services at any time, in our discretion. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the Site and Services automatically terminates.
You agrees to indemnify (and, at Iveem's option, defend) Iveem and its Affiliates from and against any and all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees and legal costs) of any kind or nature, arising from or relating to, any actual or alleged breach of these Terms by you or anyone using your Iveem account. Iveem reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. If we do assume the defense of such a matter, you will reasonably cooperate with Iveem in such defense.
12. Other Provisions
Under no circumstances will Iveem be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules or provisions.
You agree that any action of whatever nature arising from or relating to these Terms, the Site, or Services will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in San Mateo County, California. You consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any such action.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of Iveem to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not prevent Iveem from enforcing such right or provision in the future.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, including in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or equity, or by operation of law.
13. Changes to these Terms
From time to time, we may change these Terms. If we change these Terms, we will give you notice by posting the revised Terms on the Site. Those changes will go into effect on the Revision Date shown in the revised Terms. By continuing to use the Site or Services, you agree to the revised Terms.
PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS FOR YOU RECORDS AND PLEASE CHECK THE SITE FREQUENTLY FOR ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS.